Texas Independence Relay Info

The Texas Independence Relay is composed of 40 relay legs of various lengths, totaling over 200 miles. The course starts in Gonzales, TX, where the Texas Revolution began, and it finishes at the San Jacinto Monument, where Texas Independence was won!

The relay will run from March 7th - 8th.

8 original Waiting for Runs Relay members will be returning (we will miss abelisle, the Foos, & Mystery runner)

This time, we will up the challenge and have 9 runners in a luxurious 15 passenger van. This means no resting time for the 2nd van.

Keep an eye out here for updated info and up to the minute updates.

2009 Texas Independence Relay Runners

  • 1) 1Miletogo
  • 2) Monk_Monkey
  • 3) noels71
  • 4) texasbuckeye
  • 5) mawz76
  • 6) wondermom24
  • 7) slowashell
  • 8) James
  • 9) SusieQ

Texas Independence Relay Map

Texas Independence Relay Map
Click the Map for individual Leg Maps

Monday, April 21, 2008

my leg reports

since my flight is delayed and I have some time on my hands I thought I would post a race report of sorts. The more I think about it, the more remarkable our feat seems to be. 199 miles in 32 hours!
leg #6 this was my first leg and it was flat and borning butmy later legs would more than make up for them. I pretty much ran on a service road next to a highway. It was listed as 4.5 miles but my forerunner only measured 4.3. My total time was 28:37 with mile splits of 6:14, 6:37, 6:47, 7:03, and the last .3 mile was run at 6:32. I went out fast because I was so anxious to run after seeing all my van mates already complete their legs. Nothing much of interest in terms of anything else, the 6 kills were cool and that really had me running some people down.
Leg #12 this was the golden gas bridge run which started out in town and then ran up to the bridge then accross. It was amazing, the 5.8 miles were run in 42:15 with my mile splits being 7:07, 6:59, 8:04, 7:36, 7:17, and the last .80 mile run at 6:31. It was amazing, the run felt great and it had lots of different challenges in it, the big hills during mile 3 was a nice climb. I ended up with 15 kills and they came from all over, mawz hooked me up by setting me up to take down a handfull right away and them the hills got some and the bridge slowed lots down. I thought this was going I be my best leg but...
leg #30 this was the monster that I had been looking forward to. The 12 kills that I had are hard to believe, see my previous post for detals. I ran the 3.1 miles in 27:15 with mile splits at 8:23, 9:12, 9:24 and finished the .10 mile at 8:12.
All in all I loved my job as runner 6 and I am very happy with the way I ran. I have a marathon next weekend so I didn't wantto overdo it and sitting here in the airport I dont feel like I did. More memories later.

No comments:

Relay Medal

Relay Medal

Team Waiting for Runs - Slideshow

1Mile's Relay Photo Stream

Texasbuckeye's pics

wondermom24's photos

abelisle's Relay Photos

mawz76's Relay Photos