Texas Independence Relay Info

The Texas Independence Relay is composed of 40 relay legs of various lengths, totaling over 200 miles. The course starts in Gonzales, TX, where the Texas Revolution began, and it finishes at the San Jacinto Monument, where Texas Independence was won!

The relay will run from March 7th - 8th.

8 original Waiting for Runs Relay members will be returning (we will miss abelisle, the Foos, & Mystery runner)

This time, we will up the challenge and have 9 runners in a luxurious 15 passenger van. This means no resting time for the 2nd van.

Keep an eye out here for updated info and up to the minute updates.

2009 Texas Independence Relay Runners

  • 1) 1Miletogo
  • 2) Monk_Monkey
  • 3) noels71
  • 4) texasbuckeye
  • 5) mawz76
  • 6) wondermom24
  • 7) slowashell
  • 8) James
  • 9) SusieQ

Texas Independence Relay Map

Texas Independence Relay Map
Click the Map for individual Leg Maps

Saturday, April 19, 2008

GNOME GNOME GNOME!

Hey all! This is Gary your roaming Gnome here. I must say, this is really shaping up in this adventure. I thought about shipping myself home at one point, but I have had so much fun now that I am going to stick this thing out and travel the 199 miles this most awesome of teams.

I have even reached celebrity status and have been requested for photo opps. My popularity has grown tremendously. The sites and sounds have been spectacular, the wind was a force to reacon with earlier and almost blew me away. I have not seen any other gnomes to swap tales with, but I hope to see one or two before the end. I have seen 12 individual legs so far and I am enjoying the cool night air. I have seen Dean himself and so many cheering runners. Soon we will hear chants of "GNOME, GNOME, GNOME" and all will be good.

I know that when other gnomes see my spectacular pictures that they will surely seek out teams in the future. I envision future races as great gnome gatherings with big tea parties and tale and picture swapping. More to come from your traveling gnome Gary. I must go and grab a picture over there!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Loving the blog...

I really wanted to get to the beach for the finish but logistics will not allow it. Am now planning to loiter somewhere on leg 29, do you have an estimated window for that leg?

Best wishes, have fun in Santa Cruz tomorrow, it's usually extra interesting there on 4/20.

Relay Medal

Relay Medal

Team Waiting for Runs - Slideshow

1Mile's Relay Photo Stream

Texasbuckeye's pics

wondermom24's photos

abelisle's Relay Photos

mawz76's Relay Photos